About Me

My photo
Vermont
Check my shop on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/shop/UpcycleRecycleReuse

Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

Mitten Ornament Upcycled Wool Felted Blue Green with Tree and Heart



I shrunk a worn out wool sweater in very hot water in the washing machine and high heat in the dryer to felt the wool. I cut out mittens shapes from the felted wool, and then blanket stitched two together with perle cotton, inserting a piece of Warm and Natural cotton quilt batting in between the two pieces of wool. I added a tree design and heart cut from wool felt and a yarn hanger.

The mitten ornament measures 4 1/4" high, 3 1/2" wide and about 1/4" thick.

The mitten has blue and green stripes, ranging from dark navy blue to a light grayish blue, and from a light mint green to a darker fern green. The tree is hunter green and the heart is navy blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment