About Me

My photo
Vermont
Check my shop on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/shop/UpcycleRecycleReuse

Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Upcylcle with Vintage Papers

Using Vintage Papers to Make UNIQUE Gifts 

IMG_8538aPlain box that you can find at any craft store decorated with a vintage map and sheet music.
One of my favorite places to shop for vintage paper is an old barn that has been converted into little shops. Each of the old stalls is now a shop that sells vintage and new items.
The Barn is my go to place when I am needing something vintage, chippy and full of character.

I told the shop owners to let me know when their Christmas things were in because they are always wonderful at taking vintage items and creating something new and beautiful with them.

As we are packing away our fall decorations and bringing out our boxes of Christmas goodies I thought it would be fun to see how we can simply incorporate some vintage papers into our holiday decorating.

Ornamentcollage Clear, glass ornaments decoupaged with vintage German papers,
sprinkled with glass glitter and tied with "Noel" made on a printer.

I knew they would have perfect ideas for us to use!

Ornaments1 I want to make these tussie mussies for advent. What a fabulous idea.
My children will love finding their little surprise each day leading up to Christmas

I love papers...old and new a like.
So, incorporating vintage papers into my Christmas decorating is fun and easy.

SantoscollageThis is a great example of how you can take the things in your home
and "dress" them up a bit for the holiday with vintage papers

Vintage papers can be easily used to make beautiful wreathes, banners, place mats...the uses are endless.

If you have wonderful ideas of how to incorporate vintage papers into holiday decor please leave a comment with a link to your blog...I know we would all love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment