About Me

My photo
Vermont
Check my shop on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/shop/UpcycleRecycleReuse

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bottles upcycle

Giant Bottle Flowers!

About a year ago I saw this huge bottle flower in Durham, NC. Did not have the camera with me, but promised myself I'd return with a camera. It was a nice cloudy day and I  was close by with some free time and I finally took some photos for your enjoyment. Just might have to get my plumber buddy who enjoys working with scrap steel and a welder make us one of these.
I wondered how the bottles were installed as you do not want water getting inside, the water freezes and breaks the bottles. Now I know the artist welded in lag screws which you screw into corks to hold the bottles in.  believe this is the best bottle art I have seen.... We have enough blue bottles saved to make 6 of these I'd guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment