Origami Envelope InstructionsHere are simple steps to create your easy origami envelope.
- Place the square of paper with the pattern side down.
- Use your pencil to mark the middle of the paper. You can use your ruler to draw two faint lines and mark where they cross with a dot.
- Turn your piece of paper so you are looking at it diagonally.
- Fold in the two sides so that the points meet your center dot. Crease the fold.
- Fold up the lower point just above the point where the side flaps end. This will seal the bottom of your envelope and create a pocket.
- Unfold the envelope entirely, making sure to open the sides. Fold the lower point in half so it has a flat top.
- Bring the sides in on top of the folded bottom flap.
- Turn out the top of each side point until they meet flat top of the bottom flap.
- Open the side points out again and fold in the turned out parts. Reverse the crease that you just made so that the pattern shows on the inside.
- Tuck the flaps back over the bottom fold and crease all the folds well.
- The top flap will tuck inside of the pocket you've created. You can also use a sticker or dot of glue to seal the envelope on the outside.
Or a more standard A2 Envelope Template
|A2 Envelope Template|
Material Ideas: creative alternatives
- Wrapping paper
- Lightweight cardstock
- Wallpaper samples